**WARNING LARGE FILE**
This is a step by step process tutorial of one of my latest fanart works of Sol Badguy and I-no from the fighting game Guilty Gear.
You can see the full finished version here: [link]
1. Pencils using mechanical pencils on 11x17 copy paper
2. Scanned into photoshop and digitally inked with wacom tablet and basic photoshop brush and pen tool.
3. Base colors (Flats) for the two characters.
4. First quick shading pass for light source reference.
5. Painted in a quick background with a general color scheme I wanted for the image.
6. Adding the proper tone I wanted for the characters in the environment.
7. Added in rim and secondary lights given off from the backdrop, added ambient lighting to the shadows.
8. Painted in the rest of the clouds for the background, added haze and glare from sunset, color adjusted and tweaked saturation levels.
Hope this helps some people out there, if you have any question feel free to ask!